Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for...

Where have I been? The question should be where haven't I been. I finished the 3Day and was home a couple of days only to do a day trip for business to McAllen. The next week I was off to St. Louis, MO for four days on business and on Friday our PPAS Board worked all day on our year long plan. So much in such a short time. This week I've been working here in Dallas and on my presentations for our national sales meeting in CA next week. On top of all of this, I started radiation on my lung tumor and had my Friday AM chemos, a new crown on a tooth, worked with a co-worker on a "game" for one of the presentations for next week and was able to get new "hair" today. WOW! Oh and Hunter came for a visit last weekend. Yes, the little man came to stay with me. He was so cute and so loving. I enjoyed every minute. He's 27 months old now. The cutest thing is that he would gather pictures from around the house and point to his Mom and say "Ma" and "Da" and "Uncle Chance" (well the best you can) and wanted to know when they were coming. It broke my heart when he pulled me to the sliding glass door and wanted me to sit down and wait. We did this once when his mom and dad went to a movie when he was just a year old and he still remembered that. Smart boy. We played trains and cars and he has this little dance he does that just makes me laugh. He was going to the potty and wearing big boy underwear. When we went to bed he had to put a photo of his mom and dad right on the pillow. I loved having him so much. Before I took him home on Sunday we went to Petsmart and looked at all the animals. He loved that!
As Thanksgiving arrives in a few hours I reflect on the past year. I'm Thankful for so much! I'm thankful that I have friends and family that love me, even when I'm grouchy and not the most pleasant person after treatment and going thru some of the roughest times. When medicines make me feel as if I have the most vile stuff in my system. I'm thankful that I have a company such as Evans that has seen me thru the economy and thru some rough times. I'm thankful that I still have two children, one that is getting the help he needs and has given me a daughter-in-law that is willing to stick out the tough times with him and given me a grandson that is healthy and happy and another son that has two great jobs and is independent and takes the time to participate in things such as the 3Day with me and calls me. I'm thankful that ASI awarded me the Bess Cohen Humanitarian Award - a most humbling honor. I'm thankful that I have a man who continues to love me. I'm thankful for all the doctors and nurses who take care of me and continue to give me life. I'm thankful to the drug companies that continue to develop drugs that they allow me to be a guinea pig of. I think this is the one thing I can do to make a difference. If it doesn't heal me at least it will be a stepping stone in curing someone someday. I'm thankful that my Cowboys are winning a few games lately (Yes - I am!). I'm thankful that God has decided that I'm worthy of being on this earth another year, when Seriously, I should not be according to doctors. What are you thankful for?
I'

No comments:

Post a Comment