Sunday, September 12, 2010

Do they give discounts....

I cannot believe another week has flown by. When I think how valuable time is in my life and think how it just zooms by me some days. Seriously, how does it happen. Well, I can't just sit and cry, honestly life is too short! Put a smile on your face and laugh at the small things and get thru them. Seriously!

Let's see if I can recap my week. Sunday, I was able to get in 3 and 1/4 miles of training and what idiot does in in 92 degree TX heat. This one apparently! I thought I was going to have a stroke. I was so hot and humid I was not feeling my super, duper best but my feet needed it and I did it. Monday, thank you for a day off. I kept thinking I would get out and make the most of it but NO. Tuesday, Hermine blew thru here like she owned the joint. I was suppose to drive down to Houston and kept thinking "OH, this will blow thru any minute", well by 4:00, she had not blown thru by any means and I was not going to get on the road. My day had been filled with customers needing this and that and by 7:00 I found myself still in Dallas. Wednesday, Hermine was still in town. I seriously thought I was going to be blown out of my drive as I loaded my car. I asked Mother Nature to come get her derelict child Hermine and please return her more "cooler, rustler, Fall child" as I preferred him. As I headed toward Houston early in the AM there were 3 wrecks outside of Dallas within 30 miles. People, people, people, slick roads, heavy rains, drive a little more safely, SERIOUSLY! I was able to get my calls in and set up for my show the next day and have dinner with great friends. That is what makes my job the best! Thursday there was a show in Houston and then I headed home. Thank you for Sirius radio so I could listen to the game - do these people who decide to do these shows, not realize that the NFL Season Opener was on that night, that reps(like myself) that had to drive home would seriously be impacted (okay not life changing BUUUTTT). Had I know that the biggest New Orleans fan was going to be at the show I would have stayed in Houston with her. Ginger Hutter lives and breathes the Saints like I do the Cowboys. We would have had a blast watching the game together. Thank you Saints for beating up those Vikings. The voodoo doll worked (that's a joke but just in case Shelley Sake is reading this). I got in about 9:30 on Thursday, stayed up until 1:00AM working on e-mails and then got up at 3:15 AM on Friday to head in for my "vitamin drip" and a new radiation therapy. Then spent the rest of the day working. I made up for it on Saturday and I spent the entire day in bed. I only got up for bathroom breaks. Thank goodness for football to keep me there. Today I had a brunch date with the team to finalize our plans for our fundraiser next Saturday and now I'm doing a little packing and getting ready for the week already. Home: where I do laundry and repack!

I can't believe the fundraiser is next Saturday and the following Saturday, I fly off to TN to visit with Jane and walk that Sunday in TN in the Race for the Cure. If life were boring, I wouldn't want to live it. There is so much going on right now. I just looked and my calendar and I'm not really home at all this month. Seriously! I wonder if I could get a discount on my home since I'm only home 14 nights this entire month of September!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment