Saturday, December 18, 2010

God carried me...

I made it thru this week. God carried me just when I needed Him. Monday morning I had an early appointment with Dr. Parker to remove the cancer off my jaw. He took that off and I had to wait for the lab report to come back and sure enough he had to remove more since the cancer had spread. He took a quarter size area and all the way to the bone on my jaw. Now according to my insurance, I have to wait at least 24 hours for him to sew it up for the insurance to pay. So they "pack" the area and put an "airtight" bandage on it and sent me home. I was home by 10:00 and was working away at my desk. On Tuesday I was back at Dr. Parker's office for him to take a cancerous place off my left upper shoulder, about the size of a quarter there too, and to repair my jaw. Thank goodness he only to to go into my back once. But same thing, they had to pack it and I had to go back on Wednesday for repair. On Tuesday though I had to take a sick day. The pain was bad from both the repair and the shoulder and I was so tired. I slept most of the day. Wednesday, I was able to go back to work. God just made sure that this was an easy week for me. Just when I felt like I couldn't make it thru, I would ask for some patience for the pain. The Dr. really did a good job on my face. It's about a 2 inch "zipper". Stitches come out on Monday. The place on my upper shoulder is about 2 and half inches long and he put in dissolvable stitches and covered it with steri strips so I don't have to change that bandage everyday like my face. He's the same doctor that did all the work on my face last year when I had the two places removed and people tell me all the time that you can't see it. So I'm hoping that you won't be able to see this after a few months. I won't be the most attractive for Christmas pictures but I'm alive and we are still catching this cancer before it grows. I wished they could cut into my lung and liver and bones and remove it all as easily. Radiation was put on hold this week since I had open wounds and the doctors didn't want the chance of any infections setting in. I start that back up on Monday.
I've got to finish shopping for Christmas. I mean seriously! I need a few elves to come to my home and get all this done. I just can't believe I haven't finished. Like I don't know that Christmas is always December 25th every year. Seriously! I've turned into one of those people! Now to get it done!
Santa, in case you are reading this blog. I can't say that I've been an extremely good girl this year but I've been as good as I can be. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment