Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reflecting...

I'm sitting here early in the AM reflecting a little thinking just how GOOD things are. Last week I got thru surgery that was suppose to be bad - it wasn't! I watched Prince William marry his Princess Cate as I watched his father 30 years ago early in the AM. I heard the terrible man (I refuse to utter his name) was killed that tried to destroy our nation on 9-11. God is good.
As I sat with my Sharla Schooley Angels and support team last night and enjoyed some food & fun of trivia. I just couldn't believe how great life is. How lucky we are to be in the US, how nice it is to be free, loved and to love the ones we are with no matter race or religion or choice of partner.
The group of ladies I was playing with "PINK TATAS" we racked up the points and won! So proud as we stuck to our gut instincts, ok sometimes we didn't, but when we did, we were so right. It made me realize to always go with my gut instinct. It has paid off for me in the past.
I went for my post op appointment yesterday, more good news there. Dr. Inzer said I'm doing great and wished all his patients did as well. Even better news is that he did a pre washing of the abdomen and a post washing and both came back clean, meaning that the liver is not throwing off cells. This is great news. I asked him what made the surgery so easy, he said easy for you since you were asleep but very difficult for me "but I had the hands of God with me that day". He said that I had asked for a prayer before they started. I don't remember since I was so doped. He said he's only done that twice in all the years he's been operating. I thanked him for trying this surgery, he was so doubtful and he admitted it, but now he has more of an open mind. He's not keen on me participating in two walks this year but he also knows I have a strong will. My goal is to be fabulous by 50. I only have until March 7th, 2012 to get this done and to wipe cancer out of my body. My goal is to do it. Everyone better get out of my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment