Saturday, August 13, 2011

Who is on your side?

Well this past week has been a doozy! Saturday after I posted and got up out of bed and on with my day I knew I wasn't feeling my best. I was out doing some shopping, picking up a few things for the 3Day next weekend and kept having a sharp stabbing pain in my right calf. I finally cut my trip short and came home to wrap it in some heat and relax it thinking I had a muscle pull. I rested most of the day and then went and met Lariat and the Hunter "man" for some dinner. I love that little boy. He is so fun and he's turned 3 on Friday the 12th. He's just amazing. I received kisses and hugs and he was amazed at the shark hanging at Joe's Crab Shack. He wanted to come home with me but then decided that he would miss his Daddy and ended up going home with him. I understood.
Sunday, I woke up with my leg feeling worse and I laid around with alternating ice and heat and taking Advil and it wasn't getting better. I thought I might have a DVT but as I told the L-man and Chancer. I would rather have a clot hit my brain than go sit in the ER. SERIOUSLY! Finally Monday I went to the doctor. I had a doppler on the leg and she called on Monday evening to say, yepper - It's DVT. I started on blood thinners. They've had to give me Heparin shots in my stomach - the first thing I said was "I don't have rabies". Seriously! I have 60 miles to walk next weekend!! The doctor is like a little exercise is good for you BUT...Really. She doesn't get me. It was like the perfect storm in my body happened. I have cancer, I travel a ton, I started taking a new drugs for the hot flashes, and my body finally went "let's throw a clot". My doctor said it was bound to happen eventually, it's just a good thing I was home and smart enough to come in.
The meds I'm on have made me feel like crap, flu like symptoms. I just have been feeling like crud the past couple of days. This morning I was crying and told the L-man, I don't question Him very often but with everything coming up, shows, the 3Day walk, so much, why now, why this, I don't need Him to do this to me". L said "honey, this was not His fault, this was man made, He will heal you just as He as before. Don't be doubtful now, just believe.". I just broke down and sobbed because he was right, I was doubting when I needed to be leaning on the Man the most. I was allowing the strongest devil thoughts to edge in on my thoughts that He walks with me every single day. As long as I ask, He will carry me when I need Him to. He has before. I'm in love with one smart man. Just don't tell him! LOL!
I went to a gluten free store today. I'm so excited! They had breads and sweets and trail mix and bars for me to eat. And the best part - it tasted great! I was able to buy some bars for me to eat during the 3Day next weekend. It is so important for me to be able to eat something that has nuts and fruits but no gluten to upset my stomach. And their cinnamon pecan rolls were delicious. I purchased 3 loaves of bread that you can freeze and thaw when needed. It is owned by a Mother and Daughter and the Daughter's name is Taylor.
Yesterday was Hunter's birthday. He turned 3. I can't believe 3 years have zoomed by. Oh my! I love him, love him, love him.
I have shows here in Dallas Monday, fly out to Houston on Tuesday, show in Houston, fly home on Wednesday, fly to MN on Thursday, walk 60 miles on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Fly home on Monday, Fly to KS on Tuesday, show on Wednesday, meetings and fly home on Thursday. I'm not busy at all. I may have a clot but I also have God on my side. Who is on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment