Friday, October 29, 2010

Believing!

Where in the world have I been? Better yet, where haven't I been! I came back from walking 60 miles, was home a whole day and left for San Antonio to see clients and do a show. My Mom was in the hospital while I was there (how convenient was that). So, in between appointments and shows and everything else I was running back and forth to the hospital. First of I am a compassionate person, but my poor Mother is the most negative person on earth and I'm just the opposite. This is one of the main reasons I've NEVER told my Mother I'm ill. OMG, she would have me dead already and I mean DEAD! I believe you should always be positive when dealing with a ill person, you should try giving positive energy of some type. Even when a person is dying, I've always been the type to say things like "it's okay to fight the fight until you are ready to quit". I've just always believed that positive energy makes every situation so much better. In my Mother's case, I mention I'm not feeling well, and she swears I must have some deadly disease and she doesn't even know what is going on. Only if she knew. Any way, while there in San Antonio, my Mother had them run every test possible. The doctor was kind of enough to run the heart cath at 6AM so I could be there before I had my show set up. He was so sweet. So, my Mother has a blood disorder like pre-leukemia, which is not life threatening, she just has to watch it. But you would think she was dying, to hear her tell it.
I came home on a early flight on Friday morning so I could have chemo and then I left Sunday to go to the Minnesota/Dallas game with my friend Shelley Sake. I had so much fun! I've always wanted to see a game with her and this was my chance. She has season tickets and the joy to share this game with her in the MN Dome was WOW. I loved every minute - even the loss the Cowboys took! I allowed myself a vacation day and enjoyed the Mall of America there and had dinner with Shelley on Monday evening. It was so nice. I came home on Tuesday AM and enjoyed the week working here in the Dallas area. Even seeing the Rangers win to go to the World Series on Friday night was a WOW moment too! That is a team that BELIEVES!
Monday, I hit the air again for KC. The week has just flown by with the Cowboy loss on Monday and the Rangers loosing on Wednesday and Thursday. Seriously! But I still believe that we can win! Both teams! We can still pull it off. I had only 1 in 4 doctors believe that I would still be alive now! So, I will always BELIEVE - until the very last moment.
I'm gearing up for another 60 miles next weekend here in Dallas. I can't believe it's already here. It is and believe it or not, I'm doing it again. Chance is coming in and staying with me for the 3 Days. He'll keep everyone updated on Facebook. The nice thing is he believes I can do it! Is there something you've been wanting to do? Something you believe in? Go do it! Believe in yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment