Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If walking 60 Miles in 3 Days is Crazy...

OMG! I'm blogging just a few days apart! I'm gearing up for the walk in DC in a couple of days. I don't know if I mentioned that during my brief night at home of a couple of weekends ago I had to pack for three trips in one night and one of those trips was the 3Day walk. Now, you shouldn't really pack for that trip in just a few hours. However I did! I had to have my bag over to a girlfriend's house the next AM before I flew out that afternoon so she could give it to my team captain the next day to ship the following week. I know, hard to follow, anyway, if you've never done the 60 mile walk, you have to prepare for almost any thing. You may start the day, cold, wet and finish hot. So, I had to pack layers and pack for three days. Not the easiest, my bedroom looked like a sporting good store had exploded in it. But I managed. Sometimes I wonder if my angels above go to God and say "look, we realize she needs help, just give her a break today". I imagine God looking down chuckling at me and just being amused. Seriously! I truly believe this is why I'm still on earth and not in Heaven with Hm. I'd be too darn bossy and a little more than He could handle. I'd have the clouds fluffier and the sky a little bluer and I'm sure that my halo would be crooked most of the time.
During my walks I wear angel wings (I had to pack them for the 3Day, so they didn't come with me to TN). It is only because that will be the only time, I'm viewed as an angel. Seriously!
Now, I'm going to ask for a few prayers. This walk is going to be difficult in a few ways! It will be our first walk as a team without Sharla. It will be my first walk without my family with me. Usually my son Chance goes along. He's my support and I know I can count on him. This is also the first that I honestly don't know if I can walk all 60 miles. So, just pray for the Sharla Schooley's Angels team. Keep up with me on Facebook! I'll also be on Twitter under TJsTake.
If walking miles in 3 Days is crazy, then I don't want to be normal! Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment