Saturday, October 2, 2010

I don't even let my honey touch me before coffee...

I left home on the Tuesday, the 21st of September to head to Houston, TX for two end user shows and to spend one night before heading off to Gulfport, MS for a show in Moss Point, MS and two luxury nights there. Now, I had to change planes here in Dallas, so I ran to my car and dropped off dirty laundry and picked up some fresh clothes, that was all I saw of TX for the night. I begged the L man to drive thru the airport just so I could catch a glimpse of him. Oh, they checked my bags for explosives, not only in Houston that day but again in Dallas and when I was leaving Gulfport they not only X-rayed my bag, and X-rayed every passenger and they patted every passenger down as well. I said, "sweetie, I don't even let my honey touch me before coffee in the AM". She didn't find it funny at all. I finally spent the night in my own bed Friday night. Saturday afternoon I flew off to TN to join my good friend Jane Abbott for the weekend and walk in the Chattanooga 5K for the Cure with her husband Jeff and son Phil on Sunday. This is something dear to my heart and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Anna ran it with her girlfriends. Thank you but no thanks! Walking was a good warm up to my 60 miles weekend after next. I had blast being there with her until Monday. We had a huge family dinner on Sunday with all the kids except Scotty who is over in Afghanistan with the Marines. I was able to sleep in my own bed Monday night and was off again on the road on Tuesday after a show here in Grapevine. I drove up to Tulsa, OK where we had a show on Wednesday and then over to OK City on Wednesday evening where we had a show on Thursday. When I finally arrived home on Thursday night I was never so happy to see my home and my own bed. I might love what I do, but I sure love being home.

I had a great time seeing my friends in TN/GA. Jane and I caught up on all the current "girl talk" and had a fun just hanging with each other. I love being with my "other family".

I think it's time a do some serious time home. I was home a total 14 nights in September. Seriously! I'm home a little more this month.

Cowboys won! I now have the formal figured out. I can't watch them, I can't wear a jersey on game day and I must walk at least 3 miles for them to win. Well, they have a bye this week and next weekend I'll be doing the 60 miler in DC. So, that should not be a problem!! LOL!

I can't complain. Life is good - prayers are answered - not always in my way - but in His way. I just have to remember who is in control.

As I'm gearing up to leave on Thursday for this awesome 60 mile 3Day walk for the Cure. I'm requesting prayers. Would you please pray that my team and I make it safely thru the three days, that I have the will to say enough each day and not push it and that God reminds each of us why we do these walks. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment