Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seriously Blessed!

I'm lying here in bed on a Saturday morning wondering why in the heck when I want to sleep in I can't. Seriously. I so wanted to sleep late this AM. I'm annoyed at myself but I'll get myself back, I'll nap this afternoon.
I'm a little excited, I'm home for the next couple of weeks. I'm going to relish every single second because on the 14th I begin an eleven week travel cycle that is going to be HELL. Yep, I said it. So, the next couple of weeks, I'm taking it a bit easy or as easy as I can, with figuring out how to get one booth in twenty different locations and and everything else. Planning is so critical in my job too and no one thinks of that either. Seriously! That's why I do what I do!
Some really cool things came together this week. You guys know I do these AMAZING 3Day walks. I'm participating in two this year. One here in Dallas in November and then in 3 weeks - YES - 3 weeks in MN. Well, my friend Bob Black gave our team 40 Izod POLO shirts, they are beautiful wicking shirts and then a very dear distributor friend of mine, Jay Jacobus of Scarborough Specialties is assisting me in embroidering those shirts. Then last night I opened a box and there were the Drawstring bags that Sonny of Landes Bags and my precious friend Nancy Jolley had donated to our team. We are going to put the shirts in them and deliver them to the teammates as a surprise. These bags will be a great assest as we come off the walk, undressing (layers people) we can place the items in the bags. They are so perfect and our team is so blessed. I'm so blessed to have friends to ask favors of. Seriously, my friends are going to start running when they hear my name. This is all for a great cause. I'm on a personal mission to wipe out cancer. I think I can do it! Seriously,there is something within, that makes me believe I can do it, either with these walks or with the fact that I take every drug they throw at me to try. I believe one of these drugs is a future healer, maybe not in my lifetime but in the future. I can just see some doctor going "A Ha, this is it!". Picture something you want, say it out loud.". I believe it can happen.
I spent this week at my mother's while on calls in the San Antonio area. I said I should get hazard pay since I don't pay for a hotel while in the area. I love my Mom but you know how it is when you are busy all day and try to come back to someones house and do your work too. Oh my gosh. I would try to go to by bedroom at night but that didn't work because she would follow me back there too. I can tell she is lonely. Bless her heart.
My precious younger son Chance received great news on Monday. He is the newest officer with the Rhome Police Department. He will start in 2 weeks full time with them. He's been volunteering with them to keep his credentials and working full time for Weatherford as an 911 Operator. We are so proud of him! "If you find a job you love, you'll never work a day in your life". I was told that one day and I truly believe it. I love what I do and I know this is Chance's dream job as well. Love him much! God protects him everyday, so I don't have to worry about him. He is in good hands.
I'm hoping to get all the children together in the next couple of weeks. Hunter turns 3 on August 12th. Can't believe 3 years have nearly flown by.
PET Scan results are in and I look good. Oh, I know I look good, but all looks good for me and in me. Liver tumor has remained in it's steady pattern of no growth. Bone cancer is at a steady no growth. The tumor that was on my lung and the one on my brain so NOTHING!!!!! So long SUCKERS! So this week I'm feeling Seriously Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment