Sunday, February 21, 2010

Maybe not quite a year yet! Feb. 21, 2010

Ok it's not quite a year yet. It was March 26, 2009 when a team of doctors told me that I had less than a year to live. I have been battleing living cancer for 7 years now and on that day that told me that all of my treatment options were pretty much used up and I should just live out the rest of my time "peacefully". After a fews days of absorbing this news, I pulled myself together and decided that fight was my only option. I'm young, I had just celebrated my 47th birthday on the 7th of March and I wasn't about to stop fighting. I found a couple of unconventional treatment options. The strength of prayer and God's will and today I'm standing, still working and beginning this blog. I'm not cured and I'm not out of the cancer's wrath by any means but I'm still living. I won't allow cancer to beat me and I plan on beating cancer! I decided to live and to live big. I walked in two Susan G. Komen walks for the cure walks last fall. One in Dallas and one in San Diego, 120 miles in less than 2 weeks. I plan on doing it this year too - maybe with a month in between. LOL! I started this blog because I want to tell my story - a little at a time but I have a ton I want to tell. I have so much I want my boys to know. The story of my daughter Taylor, how she died when she was just 8 months old and how I lived thru that. And how I will live thru this. Their father died three years ago from a massive heart attack, though we had been divorced for years, he didn't leave them much in the way of anything. When I do have to leave them. I hope they have this blog to read back on some day. I hope to be old and gray but I want them to have it. This is my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment