Thursday, February 25, 2010

Remembering

I'm off work today since I have Shingles. You can't travel on a plane and do presentations if you do! I am contagious after all. Last night as I was writing a friend and talking about shingles is like having chicken pox I was remembering. Exactly 21 years ago this week my youngest son Chance ,then 3 and my husband Eddy (now ex and deceased) 30 had chicken pox at the same time and I was huge pregnant with our youngest, a daughter, Taylor that was due any day. Eddy of course thought he was dying then. Our doctor had told him that he had some older patients die of chicken pox and of course Eddy just knew he was. So, as we were laying in bed, Eddy was moaning and groaning and I was lying there with Braxton contractions and I looked over at him and said "you carry a baby for nine months and then you can moan". I still laugh about that moment. Poor guy.
I was suppose to go on a business trip today. Normally on my daughter's birthday I always have a small cake and let a balloon go. I was going to be terribly busy this time in Orlando Friday. Now I'm going to be home. As I'm writing this I'm wondering if this was God's way of saying you are going to be able to celebrate after all. Taylor died when she was 8 months old. Even after all these years. I still miss her. I had her for 8 months 13 days. She was such a angel. She was sick much of that time and died after 10 hours of surgery on her heart. But I have not forgotten what she felt like in my arms. Every year on her birthday and on the anniversary of her death, I always look thru her photo album. She brought me joy for the short months she was with us. My oldest son has her name tattooed on his arm. I know that her father is now up there with her. She would have been 21 on Friday. I believe that God knew I needed to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment