Saturday, July 31, 2010

Seriously, it's been a while!

Wow, it's been a while since my last post. Let's see if I can recap the last couple of weeks without boring anyone. Well, I've had a concussion that I didn't know I had for a week. Yes, I took a fall getting out of the bathtub before I left for Houston on a business trip and I felt like total hell that entire week I was gone, headache, couldn't keep food down, pain management for me was terrible. I really could not figure it out. Now as a mother of two boys, I knew that if you hit your head you want a knot to come up, but I had held ice on my forehead all the way to Houston and didn't think anything of it. I learned later that I actually had worked all week with a concussion. I have a very hard head but I guess not hard enough.

Well, training for two 60 miles walks is well under way. Though I felt like crap this past week, I went and brought my new shoes and I'm on my way to getting into shape for Washington, DC the first weekend in Oct and then Dallas the first weekend in Nov. I can't really wait. I donated my other two pair of shoes when I bought these and I was a little emotional to say the least. They had some miles and memories and then I realized, those memories are all in my heart and head.

I had my Itunes account hacked into on July 10th and didn't find this out until the 17th, so I've been fighting with then until today to get my account unlocked. When I find out who did this, well, I will cause some tj whoop ass. Really! And for Itunes to be such a snot about it. They finally apologized today. These people won't even pick up a phone, it's all done by e-mail and I'm a talk to me person. Try doing this stuff when you travel. Not easy.

I've been banned from the Hunter man again. I knew this was coming since I sent the 3 page typed letter to Lariat and poured out my heart and true feelings and let him know I was not giving any more excuses for him. Oh well, grow it and face life young man. Life is hard and I'll get over it. Hunter will understand one day, it just pisses me off at Ashley, she knows better, she'll come around when she needs money, I'm sure.

Chance came for a visit this week. It was good to see him. He is doing well in his job as a full time dispatcher with Weatherford Police Dept. and his doing some type of volunteer(there is another name for what he does with them) for Roam(sp)PD. He's happy. Most importantly, he's going on the "hell week", that's the week of shows we have here in TX. Thank you God for that. It just so happens his days off falls during that week.

I have to talk about something that was done for my team this week. Ryan Patrick Imming of RPI music has done something totally amazing. First of all you all know that I walk on a team called Sharla Schooley's Angels. It's named for Sharla Schooley who lost the fight in March of this year. Anyway, I was looking for a creative way to raise money for our team. After all we each have to raise 2300.00 for each walk we participate in. Like I have to raise 4600.00 in 3 months. Anyway, I had sent Ryan a message asking if he would write a song for us to sell. I didn't know if he would do it. I mean I've met Ryan a couple of times, I know his wife Anya Imming, she reps for Peerless, but Ryan is busy, so I didn't know if he would have time to do this. But immediately, he came back and said when, where, what do you need and of course I will. Well, this week, he went above and beyond. Not only did he write the song, he offered to put it on his site and let us link it, he will give all the proceeds to us. So, for .99 cents you can download this song called "When I Hold On". You can go onto my Facebook page to see the link. It's touching, it's awesome, it will make you cry! I will never, ever be able to repay Ryan for his kindness, his generosity, he has given a gift that can never be returned. The thought that this could raise all types of funds for cancer is great. I hope you all like it as much as I do.

Well, pray for no blisters, no shin splints, and tons of miles in. I have miles of training to go and 120 miles to prepare for. Pray for continuous health for me that God gives me strength to make these walks happen. He is has been so good to me.

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment