Friday, July 2, 2010

Windshield time!

As I'm sitting here getting another dose of "vitamins". I'm reflecting on my week. It's been a hard one. First of all, I've been all over west TX. I flew into Lubbock on Monday and then drove over to Odessa for meetings. The best thing when driving back to Lubbock was when my tire felt low. I stopped at a farm and ranch place and low and behold, there before me was a "tire pony" just for Mr. Hunter. So, into the car went a pony swing with a red, white and blue mane. Too cute and a no flat. God's way of saying "hey, take a detour, look here". Love it. He has the most amazing way of getting my attention these days. Thank YOU!

On Tuesday after a meeting in Lubbock, I headed over to Amarillo. Did you know there is a town called Happy, TX? Yep! On my way back from my meetings, I actually stopped in Happy. Took a few pictures. I actually wanted to talk to someone to find out if they were happy to live in Happy but I couldn't find anyone in the 600 and something town. Wow - that is fewer than the number of people in the town I was raised in. I wonder if they play 6 man ball. Again, taking a little time to find out about the little things in life now days. I'm not missing anything anymore. I've driven by that town 10 times in my years of travel. This was my chance!

I drove just under 600 miles in two days. I was exhausted and ready for some bed. I used to love windshield time. Not so much anymore. Though I did some a ton of farm and green tractors. I haven't seen those in a while. God has planted some seeds. That I'm grateful for.

Wednesday after some meetings in Lubbock I flew home. I got in just as the storms blew thru. Thank you weather Gods.

I'm doing a little sofa surfing this weekend. Going to enjoy a little downtime, fireworks, some good food but no big plans unless I can get my hands on a little Hunter man. Then everything could change in a heartbeat. Life with that little man around, well my attitude changes from ho hum to hot diggity dog. I don't care if I feel like ground in dirt. When he's around I can muster the largest smile and my heart swells with love. Thank you God for granting me a Grandson!

No comments:

Post a Comment