Saturday, June 5, 2010

God and His Angels

May I say how much I love home! Home is my healing place. This weekend the Lman is out of town and I have the whole place to myself and I've been chillin most of the day. I'm anxious for him to get back. I'm in the process of wanting to buy a new car and I need his help. I detest car shopping, if it weren't the need for a new one, I wouldn't do it. Do you buy a new or used? What brand? What's the best deal for the money? When you talk to one dealership, they try to convince you of theirs, you talk to another and theirs is better. I'd rather have alcohol dripped into the veins of my eyeballs than shop for a new car. And people wonder why I haven't purchased a new one in ten years. Here's the reason! Thank goodness my friend Byron has offered to help with this shopping thing too. He's an angel. And I need angels! God always puts angels right where I need them.

I have a lazy week planned. Hunter is coming on Wednesday for a T-Lee and Uncle Chance play date. I'm excited. I have a scan also this week. I have radiation 3 times this week and chemo. I keep waiting for the day, I turn the lights out and I glow. It is going to happen. I just know it! I don't ask for much, but if I could have a couple of prayers this week, a prayer for good news from the scans and finding the right vehicle for the right price. Not much!

Oh and maybe some patience with my upstair's neighbors. They have been hammering and tearing up carpeting and I guess laying new flooring for like the past 6 weeks. They love working late into the night and love getting up at 4:18 (no joke) in the AM. I'm on my last nerve with them. When I first moved in last year I never heard the guy, he gets a wife and like I said the past 6 weeks, it has been terrible. An older couple! Geez - I want to say, "human being lives below you, could you at least stop working about 8 and let me sleep". I'm a little cranky. Sorry - just venting. Thought I might feel better and I do or maybe it's the Valium kicking in. LOL!

Today, I celebrated an anniversary! 5 years ago today I joined Evans Manufacturing as a rep. Pretty good, I think. It was also 5 years at this time that I was cancer free. Wish I had that time back. It came roaring back that next spring in a routine scan. Wow, the things your brain will not forget. This I will not forget - the fight I still have left in me! Today when I was feeling a little down, I was reading some of the quotes and inspirational things people wrote to me. It still amazes me that I inspire. TJ Garrett inspires others. I just don't get it! But one couple wrote just about the same thing, that their wish for me was that I could speak to others about my positive attitude. That is my secret wish. I'd like to speak to those that are feeling down, that I would like to do. I'd also like to let high schoolers know that all actions have consequences but you can do things with your life.

Today as I was waiting to pick up some food, I met Alice. She's 70, sweet, her mother is 93 - March 9 is her birth date (she loves to play bingo and she still works at the church for 3 days a week - now this is the 93 year old Mother! - Pisces like myself -my birthday is March 7th as I told her). Miss Alice has grown children, been married, has a boyfriend of 33 years that she doesn't live with "Mr. Charlie", and she likes it like that. Any way, Miss Alice said that I reminded her of her mother, "not age wise, but smart and always wanted to read and keep busy". I guess me reading the paper waiting for my meal today. She said "you keep it up, my mother is 93 and still smart as a whip". I hope to live that long Miss Alice from Dallas, from the Palace as she told me. God as angels for me everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. I knew I loved you for a reason...we are both Pisces. I think the world of you and will be lifting you up in prayer even more with the upcoming scans. Enjoy being home and try to get some rest with your crazy neighbors, maybe a little broom to the ceiling or a friendly call to the cops for a noise complaint would help, not that I've ever had to do that to annoying girl above me, just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete