Friday, June 11, 2010

Grey, Hunter, Scan's Results

This week! Well, let's see - I started off by searching for a new car. Oh dear was that an adventure. Not my favorite thing to do. It caused some arguments in the Garrett household. I knew what I wanted but didn't know if it would fit my budget. I had two great guys helping me but it's just never the same when you are going to be driving it. Last Friday I had actually driven a Ford Escape Limited I really liked at Park Cities Ford. It had all the bells and whistles and some I didn't need, but they seem to want to work with me on the price. They are Cowboy fans too there (a big perk in my book)! So, I went back on Monday to look and drive the car again. I left there on Monday with I want the car, let me see about the financing.

Tuesday, we had our local association's luncheon. Great day. Dave DeGreef spoke on the Advocacy Program and giving back to our industry. It's time for me to start giving back to this industry that has given so much to me. I also said that I would join the board. It's time.
I also said a big YES to the Ford Escape - yep I made a decision and picked up that baby that afternoon around 5:00. I was a little sad to see "Blue" go. We've experience a ton together. She had been with me 10 years. I bought her in April of 2000 when I joined Adva-Lite. She had been thru those 5 years and now my 5 years at Evans. It was time for a new vehicle. "Grey" has come home. She's a beauty! I owe a ton of thanks to Byron for all the help in assisting me with this. And the guys at Park Cities Ford here in Dallas. They were great, no pressure, just gentlemen. I'd recommend them to anyone, even my 71 year old mother.

Wednesday, I took my Anniversary Hire Date off and Chance and I went and picked up Little Man Hunter. Yep, we had a play date. We went to the Aquarium and he loved it. He got to feed the bird a blueberry and he saw the sharks. He had a HUGE time. He even said T-Lee when he didn't think anyone was paying attention. He was sitting in his car seat and we were headed down the road and all of a sudden he said "T-Lee". Chance and I both heard it. He was so good all day long. He came home and took a 2 hour nap. He got up and ate a huge lunch and he loves mandarin oranges. He watch a show with Uncle Chance and then he and I played and we wore our booots. He loves his boots. Chance took him home later that evening. I was worn out but so glad we did it.

Thursday, I had a day of appointments and nothing too exciting. Scans were yesterday evening. Today was chemo day! I did have one appointment today, which I normally never do and now I know why. I was so wiped out by the time I got home at noon that I barely made it to the sofa.

Now the good news from the scans. The radiation is killing the stupid tumor on my lung. It has shrunk from a ping pong/golf ball size down to a pebble size. The liver tumor has not grown. The bone cancer has not grown either. They are encouraged that the lung tumor has done so well with this radiation. This is the one that they just didn't think there was much hope for last year and here it is shrinking. Nanabooboo! Whacha gonna do now!!!
Anyway, just goes to show you - don't go giving death sentences. Well, that's my week in review. I can't think of anything else. It's a crazy life, but it's my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment