Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Good Life!

I never know how to make people understand about cancer, my cancer. I don't act like I'm sick even when I'm feeling my worst, I don't like people to know. For years I never spoke about being sick, never, I just didn't feel the need that others needed to know. Now, every one seems to know or I forget that every one doesn't know and I make the mention that "chemo kills brain cells" and I feel really dumb that someone doesn't know that I have cancer. How do I do it - I don't know, the urge to not to want to be sick is one of them. I don't WANT to be ill. I want to feel good and I want to live and I want to be well. So, if I act like it and if I pretend that I am, well, just maybe I will be. Well there's hope isn't there and positive thinking can just about accomplish anything in my book.

This week a friend wanted my doctor's info for her sister in law. I think she got upset because my doctor, who only works in research wouldn't take the referral. I think what people don't understand is, because I do so many studies is I don't have "regular" doctors. When you are in studies, you have residents, rotating in and out, usually every 3 months sometimes you barely learn their names, you take whomever will cut on you , listen to you, see you strip, naked, radiate you. You are at their mercy pretty much. But I will do anything to stay alive and I feel like I'm doing it so others can live. I hope that one day these studies won't be needed but until then, I will volunteer for every one I can.

It has been a week of being in the Tulsa and Springfield, MO. I love my job! I love spending time with my clients. It feels good to be back on the road.

Life is good. I'm back in training for the two 60 mile walks I'm doing in Oct and Nov. I have to get the feet in shape. Who knows what DC is going to be like.

Hunter came to visit again on Sunday. He was super cute! I have to tell you - he walked me all over the neighborhood. We saw one of the bunnies that lives in the "hood". He was very calm and looked and me and said "bunny". We saw the big tractors in the back where they are repaving. We just went everywhere. He loves his T-Lee and I love him. He'll be visiting again in a couple of weeks.

I did an end user show for the Eskimo Joe group yesterday. It was great seeing Ken Thomason and Nancy Jolley. I love my buds. I don't know what I would do with out my friends. Seriously! I love them. We laugh so much! I think that is why I love my job so much! I have the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment