Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm grateful!

How does a week just fly by? I've been so busy this week. Thank goodness I've actually been home but just busy. Monday I had "advocacy" training. So, now after all these years of doing what I actually do, I'm now qualified to go out and speak on our industry. It feels pretty good! I still have to put together a power point presentation and find the time to schedule speaking engagements but to know I'm qualified to do it, well, it just feels good.

Between appointments this week, I've been preparing for the next 9 weeks on the road. I have like 5 Association shows, 5 tabletop shows and 4 end user shows, plus appointments in different cities in those weeks and just a ton to get ready for. So preparation has been busy.

I've also been suffering from these intense headaches ever since I suffered the concussion over three weeks ago, I really thought they should have stopped by now. I was having heart palpitations, being dizzy and panic attacks(I would be driving down the road and start getting panicky) and finally they did a scan again and everything was healing and come to find out, it was a medication I was on. They stopped the meds, and within 24 hours, my heart stopped racing, my headache stopped, no more dizziness and I haven't had a panic attack. They had given me the medicine the Saturday after I had struck my head and they put two and two together and this is what it was. OMG! I thought I was going crazy. I'm starting to feel like a new woman again. Thank you God!!!

Training is in full swing. I've had a couple of great walks this week. The body is beginning to remember what it is like to walk those long walks and not fully hating me! Yet! When I walk, it's like therapy. I just release every thing into my walks. If I'm feeling upset, I just pound it out in the pavement. Usually though, I just try to meditate. Think about what's going on in the body and how grateful I am that I'm still alive.

I keep a gratitude journal and every night I write down 5 things that I'm grateful for. This helps me reflect on all the good things that happen through out my day. I used to write down how grateful I was for my job. I love what I do. But last February, I was told by a new manager that I wasn't a team player. This hurt and really broke my spirit. I stopped writing that I loved my job in my journal. The other night a friend sent me a Zig Ziglar attitude video and he made me see that I could still love my job and why I could still be grateful. That is was still buried inside of me, that I was just glossing over it. I realized that one person's words can't break you, unless you allow it. To that friend, I owe him big. I might be in love with him, if I didn't already have a big old teddy bear of my own.

Thursday was Hunter's 2nd birthday. Of course, I'm not allowed to see him, again. I do hope that one day Hunter knows that his T-Lee thought of him everyday and loved him. Hopefully Ashley will grow up one day and quit pulling these stunts. There is hope!

I get up everyday and I ask that the good Lord guide me to be a good loving, loyal person. I say thank you that I'm being granted another day on this earth because I shouldn't in all reality. I try to be grateful for some of the things that I find in the day that come in the smallest of ways.
I'm grateful for friends - those old and new - because they are there to tell you they will donate to your cause, help you in a bind, and the new who will tell you they will throw you a "diamond encrusted life jacket" because you helped them with a project
I'm grateful for doctors - those that will listen to me when I say this is what I'm feeling and I know I wasn't feeling this way 3 weeks ago, can you help me figure it out. And they do!
I'm grateful for my company - they've stuck with me thru this cancer when some owners might have said otherwise. I have an awesome owner and president.
I'm grateful for family - I have two sons - one that I've very proud of right now Chance is a Commissioned Peace Officer and works for the City of Weatherford. And Lariat, well he's getting the help he needs for drugs and alcohol, help he's needed for a very long time. I have a grandson, Hunter that I love so much! Chance and I would love to see him much more but until Ashley realizes we just want to help out, well enough said. I also have the love of my life. The "L" man as I like to refer to him. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't say a thank you for this man. He is my soul mate and my best friend.
These are just my daily gratitude's but every night I write down 5 things I find that I'm grateful for, sometimes my list is longer because some days, I've had a really grateful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment