Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Affair...

For the past few weeks I've been having a serious affair, with Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream. It's been fun and enticing and desirable but so naughty. Finally, I had to admit it to my honey. Oh, he knew I liked it but he had nooooo idea that I was buying extra pints and consuming them or hiding them in the back of the freezer. The affair finally came to an end yesterday when I went to the store and low and behold, there in it's place sat other flavors of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Now I was hurt! I thought there could never, ever and I was so convinced that I wouldn't be able to replace my two new lovers and their buns with another but I brought home Creme Brulee and Peach Cobbler. As I sat with the L man today and we started scooping spoonful after spoonful in our mouths. I realized Creme Brulee has replaced Cinnamon Buns as my new favorite. That affair may linger another month! BTW - the honey wasn't hurt at all.

This week flew by! I hope it did for everyone who needed it to. I flew into the smallest airport ever, Manhattan, KS on Tuesday. Tiny, friendly and just how I like it. Drove down to Wichita, stayed the night, drove back to Manhattan on Wednesday evening and flew home. I had to drive down to Waco on Thursday for a few appointments and drove back on the same day.

On my drive down to Waco so many memories came flooding back. I used to make that drive back and forth for a few years before I decided to make the move to Dallas. I used to live in Waco and worked there for 5 years before I moved to Dallas in '98. So, every time I go back I have memory flashbacks. I had this strong urge to want to go on down to my home town and visit. I was raised only about 60 miles from there in a little town of about 700 people. I was thinking about Taylor. I need to go visit her grave site. I was remembering that it will be 21 years ago this November 8th that she past away and I was thinking that the time has flown by. Would she really have been 21 this year? I remember the year that it had been 10 years since her death, I was working for Barlow at the time. I was heading down the highway to an appointment and all of a sudden it hit me what the day was. I called my manager, Paul and just said that I needed the day off. I stopped at a florist, asked her to make me a wreath and why. The florist was so sweet, she did it on the spot and I drove the 2 hours home. I just remember how upset I was that I had allowed the years to "sneak" upon me. I'm sure Taylor (little Miss Taylor) as we called her would understand but it just seems yesterday she was here, the boys were running around in their underwear, but it's not, life has happened, but I'm so glad memories are still there.

I had dinner with my friend Heidi on Wednesday night. It was great catching up with her. Life is short and I love catching up with girlfriends. It seems like forever since I've seen her.

Football season - thank you for football and thank you for cooler weather. We've been blessed here in TX for a couple of days.

I've been feeling a little under the weather the past couple of days. Could it be too much ice cream? Oh gosh I hope not. Chemo was rough on Friday and counts were lower but the doctors feel the lower doses they are giving me are on track with the new protocol. They've been asking me more and more about the tanning booths that I used in the past. I swear I cooked my liver to death along with my skin. I wouldn't doubt it if they found out that those things are deadly machines. I used to live in them if I could. But, I will not blame myself for what I've done in the past. For some reason I'm fighting this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment