Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lover of weekends!

I'm a lover of weekends. Fridays are always chemo days, so I spend 4AM to about 7:45 AM curled up in a chair receiving "vitamins" as I like to try and envision the poison that drips thru my veins. So by the time I get back to the house and finish my day and the effects take over about 5PM, I'm pretty much wiped out. Friday evenings for me are usually spent curled up on the sofa with aching bones from the effects. They have pretty much gotten the nausea taken care of with my meds they drip in now but the chemo makes me tired. So Friday evenings, I rest up and on Saturday if I don't rise for a really early training walk and I'm talking 4AM for a 8 or 10 mile trek, you'll find me snuggling all day in the bed or sofa surfing as I call it. I'll go from the bed, to the sofa in the living room to the sofa in the office and make the rounds all day long. I have trouble staying in one place very long. The chemos I take, I take a mixture of two, makes my bones ache really bad. It's like having growing pains and muscle cramps at the same time if that makes sense. So laying or sitting for a long time in one position, sometimes just feels like I'm on fire in certain places in my body. On the weekends they give me a little higher doses of pain meds than during the week to get me thru. So, maybe that's why I'm a lover of weekends! LOL!

I got up this morning and met my buds for a good training walk. We walked the mall at Northpark. 6 miles. It felt good and it was great! Then the entire team met this afternoon to go over planning for our big fundraiser in September. OH Goodness it is so close. I have so much to do! I can do this! I have tons to ask for but I know I have supplier friends to help. I'm armed with list and this can be done.

I think back to this fight with cancer and I wonder how I've gotten thru it. Sometimes the power of positive thinking is so great and my belief that God has a greater calling for me. I laugh ever time I think how He just is not ready for me. On my worst days when I think that I'm ready to throw in the towel and just manage my pain and get thru the next few months and I garner the strength to decide to do these walks and I think "where do I get these crazy ideas". Well, I'm sure He's deciding that I can do it and it can be done if I'm willing to say "I'm Yours". Carry me on those days I'm too weak. Believe me, I have many a day when I'm not training for a walk either.

Football is back! I just love football and I mean I love my Cowboys. I grew up with football. So when football isn't on, well weekends are a little harder on me, weekends with football, well, take a guess. I love college and pro. On Saturday and Sundays, my TV (all three) are tuned to football. There is a game on in every room. God bless football. Another reason I'm a lover of weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment