Friday, April 23, 2010

11 years ago this month!

Have you ever been so tried that all you can think about is your bed. That has been my thought this week. I had to be in Austin the past three days for a customer's nationals meeting but could not wait to get home and hit the bed. I found out today during treatment that I have some sort of "pneumonia" that has invaded my lungs. This apparently is from the radiation that I've been taking and the virus I caught last week. The combination has caused my lungs to feel like I have an elephant parked on my chest. The docs gave me a "package" full of meds along with my chemos today and they are going to keep me off radiation for a week or two to see if this will help the healing. I sound like a seal! Not a pretty sound I will tell you. I must get better, I have calls next week in Houston and some NYC tourist time with my friend Jane. Alert the media and the Mayor, Jane and I will be arriving on the 2nd of May and the city will never be the same again.

I've been fortunate lately. I've ran into many of my friends on the road. It's been so good to see them. I was able to visit with Vince Terracina this week in Austin for a few minutes. Just this month, 11 years ago, I joined the supplier side of this great industry and Vince and I sat in a conference in Austin and talked about all of the accounts I would be taking over as a Barlow rep. It is still hard for me to believe how my life changed with I came over to this side. I never believed that I'd have so many industry friends.

It was also 11 years ago on March 29, 1999 that I started my first Gratitude Journal and I have kept one everyday since. I'm grateful that I have good friends. I have a job that I love. A man that loves me. And grown men that I still call boys, that call their mother to check in. I'm very grateful that God grants me another day on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment