Thursday, April 15, 2010

What a week~

Wow! What a week! I've been traveling all week. I came in this afternoon and hit the bed. I'm totally exhausted. I know my body so well, that my counts must be super low. I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck and it had the nerve to back right back up and ran over me again! I swear!

I was in Kansas City this week. The delight was that my best girlfriend Jane was right down the road in a hotel and we didn't even know it. That is how the life of a rep is. You can be in the same city and not realize it until you read facebook at ten o'clock at night and then laugh on the phone when you finally connect for the next 45 minutes. I love my friends! I also ran into other friends and was able to have a dinner with one and lunch with another. Talk about a week of catching up. How great is that!

This week I've been wondering a ton about legacies. How to make a mark in this life that has the TJ stamp on it. I've done some things in my will to make a mark after I'm gone but I to make sure that my boys and Hunter know for sure that I was here. I'm hoping that they will go back and read my blog and learn from it. Learn how life was important to me. Learn how that sometimes when you are handed a roadblock you find a way over it, thru it, around it. Life isn't always easy but you make what you can of it. Today, I saw one of my favorite customers, Houston Hale in KC. He was super busy, but I spoke with his wife Kay. Kay and I were talking about how Houston and I were both alike. We both wanted to get back to our "regular" lives. Even though we had cancer we wanted to work. There are so many people who tell me that I should just stop working and enjoy life. What people don't understand is that work gets me thru. Gives me a reason to get up everyday and go on. If I didn't have work, I truly believe I would have died a couple years ago. Work gives me something else to concentrate on everyday and allows me to live a somewhat normal life. Even in my sickest time, work has kept me sane. I thank God everyday for my job.

I'm gearing up for another walk this year. I can't wait. The surge of training for it! The idea of raising money and awareness is so thrilling and the thought of being one step closing to finding a cure for cancer. Well, that makes me want to do the "tj happy dance" and that is not pretty.

My goal for the next few days is to rest up~

No comments:

Post a Comment