Wednesday, May 5, 2010

in the Big Apple

Jane and I rode the subway yesterday without a hitch all the way to ride the Statten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It was so fun. Though docking that big thing is like me squeezing into my spanx after a few days of eating in NYC. It was a tight fit. You talk about beautiful, to see the lovely "lady" is AWESOME. We then rode the ferry back and and boarded the subway back to Times Square. Now we did stand in line at the discount ticket place for Lion King tickets only to discover after 20 mins. that they didn't sell them but hey that was 20 mins. of people watching that was worth it. We went to the Lion King ticket booth and after offering to kiss the ticket seller(why, yes I did!) he gave us discount tickets in the orchestra seating near the aisle(my friend Heide)said this was a must we came away winners with two tickets for the performance at 7:00. We really rested up. We ate Junior Burgers for dinner and went to the BEST performance. OMG! HUKUNU MATATA is our new mantra. No worries, be happy. It was just a great day!

Now, this morning we got up early, this was the first day that has happened! We went over to Good Morning America and sat out and drank coffee and watched it all. I love to people watch and boy did we. The funniest was the three women and their paper graduation caps! Seriously, did that look silly. We watched them adjust them so many times, we thought they would turn into trees again. But then, who came out into the crowd, my hero, Robin Roberts. All decked out in a green sweater set and grey pants and that cutie putie George Stephalophigususss (spelling his name is not important here) looks! He is so cute. Then who comes out - Sam Champion. Jane said it made her thighs hurt to look at him! He is so much better looking in person than on TV. He is charming and nice. I wanted to eat him alive. I didn't think he was in town. So, seriously, my "list" is almost complete. If I fit into that dress tonight, then, and only then will it be complete. My NYC trip will be complete. Life is good in the Big Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment