Monday, May 17, 2010

It was a week!

Wednesday began before the crack of dawn. Our local Promotional Products Association had their Lone Star Sales University. I always try to volunteer when we do this, if I'm not presenting. I think it is important to give back. It was great to see friends and customers of course, but was it a long day. I left the house at 6:15 and when I drove into the drive at 7:14, well, let's just say the body and mind was at "where's the bed". I was at zero tolerance.

Thursday, I had a couple of calls in Ft. Worth and then took the late afternoon off for some down time. Even though I found myself answering phone calls to make sure we could make a client happy. I was so tired after yesterday, that I just couldn't go any more, or so I thought. I was able to get up later and do those little things that I feel must be accomplished before I end my day, like all e-mails must looked at and those with urgent must be answered (I know, crazy).

Friday, after chemo time! I met the gals for lunch. I must admit this used to be a great time to talk and catch up with everyone but I've noticed we've just grown to such a huge group. I guess I've missed a few but WOW we've gotten so big. It was nice to see everyone though. I hadn't seen one of the gals except for a work lunch in a while, so catching up with her was terrific. I had a token for her that I had been holding for near a year. It's like my healing and strength and friend and love stones that I keep around. In fact my healing one I carry with me every day in my wallet and my strength stone, Holli carried with her on the last day of the 3Day two years ago and I carried on the last day last year. It's the first thing I look at in the AM and the last thing I look at in the PM. It's not that I replace my God with it, it just reminds me that I have the strength to ask for help if I need to. I'm the worst about that. I'm hoping that when I gave my friend this "baby" stone, that she knew that she wasn't alone in her fight. I wanted her to know that she has other's thinking about her and praying for her everyday. I hope she knows that you just never know when that "baby" might happen. She and her husband will be the best parents in the world.

Saturday, well, let's just say, I would like a do over. I felt awful. New pain meds plus chemo just had me feeling awful. So it was a sleeping Saturday. I don't know what went on and slept thru most of it.

Sunday, I work up feeling like I might just make it. I had committed to walking 5 miles today and had to mentally prepare myself. I didn't even think I could make a mile but seriously, I need to get this body into 60 mile mood. My friend Cathy came over and we began the trek. Before I knew it, muscle memory kicked in and I was putting one foot in front of the other and walking a trail I had walked a jillion times. Before I knew it, I had logged in 5.25 miles. My body was screaming NAP-NOW and I was listening. But I had accomplished that 5 miles when I doubted it could be done. Let's see what I can accomplish this week! Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment