Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I'm grateful for lately!

This past week went by so quickly. It was crazy busy and so much to do. It felt nice to be busy again and to feel well. I was able to get 2 radiation treatments in and chemo on Friday with good counts. That I'm grateful for.

Chance and Stephanie (his roommate) came to pick up my old mattress on Thursday. I could tell Chance was excited to have a bed to sleep on. I remember how it is. When I first moved into my own place after my divorce I was sleeping on a twin mattress and couldn't wait to get a full size bed. I thought it was such a big deal! My new mattress arrived Friday evening. It's taking some time to get used to. The Lman loves it but I'm still having some issues with it. But, that's just me and my bones. I'm grateful it's super soft.

This weekend I've done just about nothing. I've been so tired from the chemo. I got up for a little while this AM and worked in the office on preparing for my trip in Tuesday. Yesterday, I "threw" together a Key Lime Pie. It's okay but not as good at Whole Food's. But I'm grateful it's worth eating. I did find a new love in the Garrett Household, Starbucks' Caramel Macchiato ice cream. That I'm really grateful for!

I'm going to go meet Sharon, Chrissy, and Cheryl Ann to walk 5 miles in Euless. I figure it will be some good training. I need to get this body of mine in shape. Grateful for friends that will walk with me.

As I lay day tonight I was thinking just how grateful I am for all the men and women that have fought for my freedom and that are still fighting to protect this country. I hope that that we all let them know in a small way that we do appreciate it. My favorite way I like to make sure that I always say thank you when I pass someone in uniform and I make sure that when I see an elderly person, man or woman, I smile and say hello. That person, lost someone in the war and most likely are still missing them today. I know I have two gentlemen that are well into their 80s and one could be in his 90s, that live next door to me. "Blue Pajamas" as I call the gentleman that lives on the corner. I call him that because he mainly wears blue pjs and always has them on when he goes to check the mail. Anyway, he doesn't say much but I always say hello and ask him how he is doing. He barely has a visitor. Yesterday morning the Lman and I were returning from the grocery store when I noticed that Verizon had left phone books on all of our doorsteps (back and front). I made sure that I moved them away from "blue pajama's" door. Lman gave me that "honey what are you doing" look, I told him that I didn't want BP to trip over them when he came out his door.

So, the next time you see someone, just think about what they may have been thru. A smile or a hello just might make their day. It usually makes mine. I'm grateful for a lot of things but tonight I'm grateful for our brave men and women!

No comments:

Post a Comment