Sunday, May 2, 2010

Angels is all the right places!

What a day! Dream vacation, day one! What can a girl say. Jane and I arrived in New York City today. I arrived a little earlier and rode a bus over to meet her. On the wait for my bus I met Sherry. She was on her way to change planes on the way to Washington DC to meet her sister in law. She just looked like she needed a friend. We exchanged info and she asked me why I was in NYC and I asked why she was going to DC. She's never been to DC. I told her that I had been my Jr/Sr Year of HS and that I loved it and she should see certain sights. She's from Chicago and told her how much I loved her city during warm months only. LOL! We then boarded the bus and met Brian. Brian is a TSA officer and he noticed my Pay It Forward bracelet and ask me if I participated last week. I told him yes and he stated he would like more info. I told him I would send him info. I took down his name and will send him some info when I get back home.

Jane and I met up and settled in our Hilton Hotel in Times Square. I worried this morning for about a nano second when I heard about the car bomb in Times Square today on the news but then I said a prayer that we would be protected and a calm came over me and I knew that we would be safe. Jane and I decided to go to Ground Zero and thought we'd take the subway. The lady at the front desk said take the E train, it will take it straight there. First of all, Jane and I had difficulties in finding the entrance to the subway, but did! Then we discovered that once on the E train that it wouldn't take us to the World Trade Center, that we needed to get off and change trains, in the midst we ended up in Brooklyn. Now, at some point, I thought "we are not in a safe neighborhood" and about that time a young man said "where do you need to go". We told him and he said follow me. He took us on another train and then he took and put us on another train. A gentleman from there told us where to get off. 2 Angels - 2 trains. Now Ground Zero was amazing! There is a gentleman at Ladder 10 that will tell you the story of the falling towers over and over again, word for word and rub down the copper wall that tells the story in picture format. It is heart breaking. Jane and I then take the A train back and another Angel helps us get back and off at the right exit. Tonight we went to a quaint little place to eat. OMG! Then walked back for some Times Square "lights". To see where Good Morning America is filmed. We checked out where the Lion King is on Broadway. Then came back to the room for some bath bombs and heading to bed.

Oh and the best part of the day. Tonight at dinner as I was telling Jane the story of Sherry and how Sherry called me an Angel for helping her, Jane said "you are an Angel, you just can't see your wings because they are on your back". I, of course, teared up. Now, on the way back to the hotel tonight. Jane and I found matching t-shirts. Would you believe, they have angel wings on the back. God is good and he placed Angels in all the right places today.

No comments:

Post a Comment