Saturday, March 6, 2010

a fews days of vacation

I've been on vacation the past few days and it has been like heaven. Just having time to do absolutely nothing and not having to account for my time has been joyous. Wednesday, I didn't even leave the house. I was suppose to have my 3rd radiation treatment of the week but I just couldn't do it. Because of my schedule there are weeks that I'm home that we do a 5 solid days of radiation. I dislike it worse than anything! Even though I know it is shrinking the lung tumor I just hate it. I slept in first of all which is so unlike me and I ask them to reschedule which I never do and then I called about two hours before my 3:00 appointment and just told them I was having a "bad cancer" day and couldn't make it. The scheduler who knows me sooo well knew and said she'd cover for me and she'd see me on Thursday. I even wore my "F*ck Cancer" shirt all day! Thursday I actually went to radiation, then went to a mani, pedi and an hour and half massage. A complete spoil tj because I so deserved it. Friday, my man showed up here bright and early with my birthday cake. I had already been to chemo and was back before he showed. I always ask for a white birthday cake, white icing with pink roses for my birthday from Ashton's Bakery a few days before my birthday to enjoy the days before. It is so good for breakfast lunch and dinner. I went and had "my hair" done. Spent way to much on some new birthday clothes that the honey said I could buy. I had dinner with my girlfriends Cathy and Kathy. Today the man and I just lounged in the bed all day. My favorite thing to do with him and I don't always feel the best. He brought me 2 dozen roses and the most beautiful cards. We shared pizza in bed and then dozed off and on. I'm gearing up for a fun day tomorrow with my birthday buddy Laura. We're driving up to OK City to meet a bunch of the other gals to see Kelcie in a production of Steel Magnolias at OU. Cant wait. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. What a good few days! That sounds really lovely! Also sounds like you deserved it!!

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete