Saturday, March 27, 2010

Suppose to Celebrate

I was so looking forward to celebrating with my honey today. His birthday is Monday and I just was not in the mood. Chemo was not my friend. I may have said one to many HAs to the doctors yesterday. LOL! The week of radiation has finally caught up with me. Breakfast was not staying down and then I had cooked a pot roast for lunch and I just couldn't stay up right very long to eat. Between meds and everything else I wasn't the party person today. I'm feeling better now after a three hour nap. Thank goodness for meds is all I can say and some basketball! And thank goodness his birthday is on Monday!

I'm in the search for the "little black dress". Have you ever looked for a little black dress to wear to that perfect BIG occasion. Well, let me tell you it is not that easy, especially if you are 5 foot and half of an inch. Ok, I might be all of 5 foot. I lied on my drivers license and said I'm 5 foot 1. I can't wear long, I can't wear mid length. The best is at the knee and most dresses that are at the knee have to be hemmed but if you've ever looked at most little black dresses they have some fancy, dancy hem that can't be altered. Thank goodness that I have a great tailor. Still I have been unable to find that perfect dress. Right now I have two hanging in my closest with a third, yes 3rd, on the way. Thank goodness for return policies! LOL! I hope to spread the word about why I need this dress in a few weeks. I don't want to spoil anything.

National Pay It Forward Day is April 29th. First of all I think Pay it Forward Day is something that should be done everyday. Take the time to do one good deed everyday. I don't care what it is, I try to make this happen. Pay the toll for the person behind you, return a shopping cart for the person in the car next to you, pay for the coffee for the guy in line behind you, pay for the person's dinner behind you in line, pick up your neighbor's paper and deliver it to their door for a week. Some one has a baby, deliver them meals for a week. I think of all the things that people do for me, I can't return those things put I sure can pay it forward by doing for others. I believe this world will be a better place because of it.

Every night I jot down five things I'm grateful for in a Gratitude Journal I keep. It helps me reflect on my day. It helps me end my day reflecting on the good things. What am I'm really grateful for. Some days it may be just that I'm grateful that I was able to make it thru the day. Tons of days I'm grateful for my job. Today, I'm grateful for my meds, a great support system, that Chance called, a beautiful TX day, the blooming flowers we saw. Most of all I'm grateful to still be alive to write. I didn't say that you had to keep it to 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment