Monday, March 22, 2010

Life is good!

I was finally able to get the entire family in one room for one day to sit down for a photograph. Not just any photo but a family photo. You see this could be the last time we have a photo of all of us. I wanted a picture with us that I'm still looking good. It means a lot to me that when the boys look back at a photo that they remember me smiling and looking somewhat healthy. I don't want them to remember sickly mom but the mom that had a smile on her face and a laugh. I want them to be able to look at the photo and go remember that day with fondness. I believe they will. Hunter was in rare form but we were able to get some good shots. My friend Laura came over and took them. I forgot she had a great camera and could do such things. I was amazed at how they came out and was so pleased.

Both the boys, Ashley and Hunter were here yesterday. It was nice. Hunter was a handful but so loving. I enjoy him with it is the two of us. We have the best conversations - well the best for a 19 month old. He loves to "tell" me all about it. And of course I love to listen. He is really good for me!

I've been trying to find the perfect "little black dress". I have a really fancy place to go and I MUST find it. I've only shopped over the internet and just can't seem to locate IT. I'm going to keep searching. IT HAS to be out there.

On the medical front. The tumor on my lung keeps reducing. It is down to about the size of a small marble. God has been so good to me on this one. The radiation seems to be working.

I signed up for the Komen walk for Dallas. I have to start training again. I'm looking forward to it. Makes me feel like I'm doing something to fight this damn cancer. I want to win the battle. I don't want to go out of this life knowing this isn't a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment