Friday, March 12, 2010

Tears!

I've shed tears today! So many! I had chemo today and as I sat there allowing the poison that keeps me alive to drip into my veins all I could wonder about was how Jason and his family was managing today. How two little boys were going about their day without their mother. All I could think about was how could I make a difference for them. I decided that I'm just going to have to raise the money to find a cure. Sharla's glow and oh how she had a glow about her. I swear God was emitting His power all of her life and preparing her for this journey of hers because everyone I've spoken to that knew her from early on, said she was an Angel and I believe it. The first time I met her she had that glow about her. I believe Samuel and Dane are her little embers now. They will tell her story years from now and that will be her legacy. My prayer is that one day there will not be a need to have a walk to raise money for breast cancer. That a team called Sharla Schooley's Angels plays soccer and softball and all sorts of sports. I want a Sharla's team to be for fun and I want cancer to be irradiated.

I've been placed on rest since I have shingles again. I'm tired. The fatigue is bad and I pushed myself this week. Some good news - the tumor on my lung has shrunk some and my breathing after exerting myself seems better. The massive amounts of radiation last week nearly kicked my butt but so well worth it. I was able to get one in today and I'll get one in on Monday.

On a happy note - I had a pleasant phone call today. I can't share much of the news but let's just say that I may get to mark something off my bucket list in May. I'm a little excited and a little nervous. But God has a plan.

Whenever I hear the air rustle I'm going to look for pink feathers because for sure I know that Sharla's wings are near.

No comments:

Post a Comment