Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I turned 48 on Sunday. I had another birthday when a few doctors said I wouldn't - so for those - a big HA to you. I had a tiring, but pleasant day with my girlfriends. My birthday buddy Laura Logan and her girlfriend Heidi and I rode up to OU to see Sharon's daughter Kelcie in a production of Steel Magnolias. OMG! One of my all time favorite movies! 2 weeks after Taylor died my good girlfriends at the time wanted to take my mind off Taylor's passing and took me over to see Steel Magnolias in Stephenville. Here the six of us sat in the movie theatre sobbing watching the movie. We had no idea the premises of the movie, but it was just what I needed. I went back to work after 5 days thinking that was enough mourning time. I thought you just got over the death of your very sick 8 month old. So this play/movie has always rated high on my list. So, yes I was up to a three hour drive on my birthday to go see it and with my friends even better. It was well worth it as Kelcie was terrific as Annell. Friends to me are so important.

I got on a plane Monday to New Orleans. I did a show today in New Orleans and then my friends and I drove over to Baton Rouge today to set up to do a show tomorrow. Again, I'm surrounded by friends. How can anyone go thru life with out them. I realize as my life grows to a close that they are so important.

Today Layla Grace, a two year old from Houston lost her life to cancer. This damn disease took another person from this earth. Another small child that hadn't had the chance to live her life. I'm so damn mad because she could have lived and God could have taken me. I've lived my life and this child still had a lifetime to experience but God took her and allowed me to stay on this earth a while longer. I don't understand. I suppose I'm not supposed too. I want to hold her parents and let them know that they will get thru it, that it will be okay, that it hurts like hell right now but it will at some point feel better. I can say that now 20 years later but they can survive. I lived thru it. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment